STEP 1. Lie on your back, and bend your knees at 90 degrees so that your thighs are pointing toward the ceiling. Place your hands behind your ears.
STEP 2. Pump your legs back and forth, as if riding a bicycle. Simultaneously, rotate your torso from side to side by moving an armpit, but not elbow, up toward the opposite knee
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, fists in front of chest with elbows bent; lift right foot forward a few inches off floor, foot flexed.
- Squat, bending left knee 90 degrees, as you lift right leg to hip level in front of you. Make it easier: Let right heel hover close to floor.
- Do 15 to 20 reps, then switch sides and repeat. Do 2 to 3 sets.
- Stand with back facing a chair (about 2 feet away), hands on hips, and bend left leg behind you to place top of foot on chair seat.
- Squat, bending right leg 90 degrees with knee over ankle. Make it harder: After each full squat, do a half squat, bending just 45 degrees.
- Do 15 to 20 reps. Switch legs and repeat. Do 2 to 3 sets.
Main Goal: muscle building
Workout Type: full body
Training level: intermediate
Days per week: 3
Equipment needed: Barbell, Bodyweight, Cables, Dumbbells, Machines
Target Gender: Male and Female
45 Degree Leg Press (3 sets, 20 reps)
Seated Row (3 sets, 20 reps)
Chest Dip (2 sets, 20 reps)
Machine Shoulder Press 2 sets, 20 reps)
Cable Curl 2 sets, 20 reps)
Tricep Extension 2 sets, 20 reps)
Hover (3 sets, 20 seconds)
Smith Machine Squat (3 sets, 20 reps)
Seated calf Raise (2 sets, 20 reps)
Lat Pull Down (3 sets, 20 reps)
Dumbbell Flys (3 sets, 20 reps)
Tricep Kickback (2 sets, 20 reps)
Standing Dumbbell Curl (2 sets, 20 reps)
Decline Sit Ups (2 sets, Max)
Dumbbell Lunge 4 sets, 20 reps each leg
Wide Grip Pull Up 3 sets, max
Barbell Bench Press (3 sets, 20 reps)
Standing Barbell Curl (3 sets, 20 reps)
Tricep Bench Dip (3 sets 1 reps)
Horizontal Leg Raise 2 sets, max
The hips and thighs are the first place most women tend to store fat and the last place they lose it. In addition to lots of cardio, try the four-way lunge.
- With hands on hips, step forward with right foot and lunge (don’t let knee go past toes)
- return to start.
- Lunge backward; return to start.
- Lunge right (keeping left leg straight); go back to start.
- Then with left foot, lunge to left side.
- Repeat, leading with opposite foot.
- Do two sets of 15 reps on each side.
For a less advanced level, put your feet up against a wall and don’t go all the way down to push-up position.
Top 20 fast exercising to burn fat
- Step aerobics (burn 800 cal/hr)
- (depending on speed) bicycling (burn 500-1000 cal/hr)
- Swimming (burn 800 cal/hr)
- Racquet ball (burn 800 cals/hr)
- elliptical (burn 600 cal/hr)
- rowing (burn 500/600 cal/hr)
- walking (burn 360 cal/hr)
- dancing (burn 600-800 cal/hr)
- exercise dvds (burn 300-500 cal/hr)
- horse riding (burn 200-600 cal/hr)
- Jogging (burn 550 cal/hr)
- trampoline (400 cal/hr)
- zumba (burn 500 cal/hr)
- Kickboxing (burn 600 cal/hr)
- yoga (burn 180 cal/hr)
- Soccer (burn 400 cal/hr)
- Hiking (burn 350 cal/hr)
- Weight training (burn 200 cal/hr)
- Gardning/yard work (burn 360 cal/hr)
- cleaning the house (burn 200 cal/hr)
Start in plank position with wrists directly under shoulders, abs engaged.
Bring left knee to left elbow, then extend left leg behind you above hip height, foot flexed (as shown).
Do 12 reps. Switch sides; repeat